i need feminism because i get asked to change at school for wearing a skater skirt, while boys walk around freely in tank tops that are literally showing their nipples.
I’m not pretty for a black girl, short girl, or fat girl, I’m pretty period. By the way, closet chubby chasers come out the closet. No one cares you like fat girls!
New blogpost! Thank you for your continued support
I need feminism because when I told my dad that the boys in my school were harassing me, he told me to suck it up because "that's life". I was fourteen years old.
- if I go to the gym or swimming pool I know I will be uncomfortably stared at as if I’m a piece of meat
- if I play video games it is solely to get a man’s attention, not for my own enjoyment
- if I was raped tomorrow, the first question asked would not be, “Are you okay?” but rather, “What were you wearing?” or “How much did you have to drink?”
- if I decide not to have sex, I’m a prude, and if I decide to have sex, I’m a slut
- if he lies about wearing a condom and gets me pregnant, I shouldn’t have had sex with him in the first place
- "I’m not interested" is an insufficient response but, "I have a boyfriend" is not
- if I decide I don’t want to get married, I must be ugly
- it I want to dress up and put on make-up, I must be looking for a boyfriend
- if I’m too skinny, I’m anorexic, but if I’m too fat, I should “try eating less”
- I will never make as much money as the men in my industry even though I work just as hard
- I hate the ideals society places on women, not because I hate men
- I want to be treated like a human being
WE need feminism as if it were oxygen.
I really love your blog! way to be. .<3
Thank you so much! This means a lot :)
I need feminism because it's my deemed my fault that I got sexually violated at summer college
Stay strong friend.